Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. SUISUN BAY STURGEON… Keeper sturgeon are being landed daily. Roe is the best bait, but shrimp and eel are paying dividends too for anglers working shallow water.
2. CAMANCHE ‘BOWS… Big rainbows are hitting for trollers and bankies. Trollers are pulling grubs while bank anglers rely on dough bait.
3. TAHOE MACKINAW… Mackinaw to 12 lbs. are being landed by trollers. Minnows teamed with dodgers have been working best when trolled from 110 to 225 feet deep.
4. DEL VALLE STRIPERS … Stripers are being caught at this Livermore area impoundment. Trollers pull plugs, while bank anglers soak cut anchovies
5. FRENCH MEADOWS BROWNS… Adventurous anglers with 4 wheel-drive vehicles are targeting browns. For fish 5 lbs. toss countdown Rapalas and soak worms.
6. SOUTH BAY STURGEON… Keeper sturgeon have been caught by anglers working the channel edges. Mud shrimp, ghost shrimp and herring fillets are the best baits.
7. LAKE McSWAIN TROUT … Trouters are scoring limits of rainbows while fishing from the docks and shore. Rainbow Power Bait and nightcrawlers are the top offerings.
8. SACRAMENTO RIVER STEELIES… Steelhead are scattered from Woodson Bridge to Redding. Conventional anglers use roe and plugs, while fly guys toss a variety of nymphs.
9. DON PEDRO ‘BOWS… Trollers are nailing rainbows to 22 inches. The trout are in the top 20 feet and respond well to shad imitations trolled from 2 to 3 mph.
10. PYRAMID LAKE CUTTHROATS… The lunker cutthroat bonanza continues at this high desert lake. Anglers fishing flies and spoons have landed lots of fish in the 10 to 15 lb. class recently.
11. HALF MOON PERCH… Beach anglers are hooking good numbers of surfperch. Grass shrimp and pile worms are the best baits, but brown grubs work too.
12. CLEAR LAKE BASS… The bass are stacked up in the deepest areas of the lake. For fish to 7 lbs drift live shiners offshore of Shag Rock.
13. LAKE PARDEE OPENER… Lake Pardee will open for fishing on February 14, 2014. The trout action should be red hot for both bank anglers and trollers.
14. MELONES BANK TROUT… January and February are great months to bank fish New Melones Reservoir. The trout will be concentrated along the banks.
15. CAPLES ICE FISHING… For macks and rainbows, soak worms and work jigs. As always, use caution when ice fishing.
16. CHETCO RIVER STEELHEAD… Expect fishing to bust loose as soon as Southern Oregon gets some rain. Fish roe with puff balls for the best success.Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.