1. FORT BRAGG TUNA… An albacore bite has erupted and fish are being caught with 15 miles of port. Find the fish while trolling feathers and then work them with jigs.
2. SAN PABLO CATS… The catfish bite is going steady at San Pablo Reservoir on fish running 6 to 12 lbs. Mackerel and sardines fillets are the top baits.
3. WHISKEYTOWN ‘KOKES… Limits of fat 14 and 15 inch sockeyes have been the rule. Troll corn tipped Apex Lures at 40 feet early in the morning.
4. AMADOR PANFISH… Anglers are nailing quality crappie and bluegill. Minnows are the ticket for crappie while wax worms and crickets work well for bluegill.
5. SAC RIVER SALMON… The bite isn’t wide open but big 15 to 25 lb kings are being caught daily. Plugs work early and roe works throughout the day.
6. HALF MOON ROCKFISH… The coastal rockfish bite for anglers departing from Pillar Point has been very good. Shrimp flies are procuring limits along with the occasional lingcod.
7. AMERICAN RIVER TROUT … Rainbows and browns are on a good bite in both the middle and south forks. Worms, Panther Martins and Muddler Minnows are all working.
8. LAKE BERRYESSA CATS… Whiskerfish to 25 lbs are on the prowl. For the largest fish live crawfish and shiners are the best baits, but sardines, mackerel and liver work too.
9. GOLDEN GATE LINGS… The stellar lingcod bite rolls forward. Limits and near limits are the rule for anglers mooching whole mackerel and sardines.
10. WINCHESTER BAY KINGS… Kings are massing in the bay as they prepare to run up the Umpqua. Trollers are hooking fish while pulling rigged herring.
11. DON PEDRO RAINBOWS… The rainbows are holding from 40 to 60 feet from the surface and they are hungry. For a limit of ‘bows to 3 lbs troll rigged shad.
12. CAMANCHE WHISKERFISH … Husky cats are on the prowl. Use mackerel fillets, liver or dead bluegill after dark to tempt fish up to 10 lbs.
13. TRINITY RIVER STEELHEAD… Steelheading will get started on the Trinity in October and peak in early November. Both fly and conventional anglers will get in on the excitement.
14. KLAMATH STEELHEAD… October should be a good month for steelhead. Conventional anglers will score with both roe and back trolled plugs.
15. DEL VALLE TROUT… Trout plants should start by early October with dropping water temperatures. PowerBait and Fire Bait will hook limits of ‘bows.
16. AMERICAN RIVER STEELHEAD… Steelhead season on the American River below Nimbus Dam kicks off January 1. Roe and Little Cleos work well.
Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!