1. GOLDEN GATE TUNA… A raging albacore bite has erupted 12 miles from the Farallons. The fish run up to 35 lbs and are hitting feathers and jigs.
2. LAKE ALMANOR TROUT… Big rainbows to 5.5 lbs are on a great bite. Anglers are trolling 20 to 25 feet deep with soft plastic smelt imitations.
3. SACRAMENTO RIVER KINGS… Limits and near limits of 15 to 30 lb fish have been the rule for anglers fishing from Red Bluff to Woodson. Flatfish and Pautzke roe do the damage.
4. FOLSOM BASS… Topwater action is on tap for anglers working Spooks and poppers early and late. The spotted bass average 2 lbs and range up to 4.
5. FEATHER RIVER KINGS… The outlet is the spot for bank anglers to hook kings. Fish to 30 lbs are grabbing beads, spinners and spoons for early morning anglers.
6. HALF MOON ALBACORE… The Pillar Point fleet is nailing tuna from 33 to 44 miles west of the harbor. Most of the fish run 15 to 20 pounds, but larger fish are available.
7. STAMPEDE MACKS … There is a solid mackinaw bite underway for fish in the 3 to 8 lb class. To hook them pull rainbow Rapalas or frog pattern Flatfish.
8. DELTA STRIPERS… The fall striper run is getting started and trollers are hooking solid numbers of fish. Look for the bass in the usual areas around Rio Vista.
9. ROGUE RIVER KINGS… King salmon are spread throughout the lower river. Some fish are taken on rigged anchovies, but overall roe is the best offering.
10. NEW MELONES CATS… Whiskerfish are on the prowl and anglers are hooking them when the light level is low. Sardines, mackerel and live crawfish are top baits.
11. WHISKEYTOWN KOKANEE… The bite is still on for easy limits of salmon in the 14 to 15 inch class. Apex Lures and Wiggle Hoochies are the top offerings.
12. LAKE CHABOT CATS … Husky cats are biting baits. Fish mackerel fillets, liver or cut anchovies with an open reel for the best results.
13. TRINITY RIVER STEELHEAD… Steelheading will get started on the Trinity in October and peak in early November. Both fly and conventional anglers will get in on the excitement.
14. CLEAR LAKE SLABS… Winter is a great time to catch crappie at Clear Lake. By December the fish will be stacked in deep water and the bite should be underway.
15. COLLINS LAKE TROUT… November is the time for holdover rainbows. Toss dough bait and inflated worms from the bank for fish that range up to 8 lbs.
16. PYRAMID LAKE CUTTHROAT… The season will open on October 1. Expect great fishing while trolling and casting spoons and other lures.
Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!