1. SACRAMENTO RIVER KINGS… Salmon to 40 lbs are being caught and limits are the rule. Flatfish and Kwikfish work early, roe works well later in the day.
2. SHASTA SALMON… Anglers are enjoying fantastic landlocked king salmon action. The fish are holding 80 to 120 feet deep and are suckers for rigged shad.
3. GOLDEN GATE LINGCOD… Limit style lingcod action is raging beyond the Golden Gate. Gulp! soft plastics and rigged frozen bait are doing the trick for fish to 15 lbs.
4. BERRYESSA TOPWATER… Topwater fishing is going strong for bassers working Spooks and poppers early and late. Most of the bass are spots, but the occasional largemouth shows too.
5. FORT BRAGG TUNA… When the weather cooperates albacore continue to be caught offshore. Find the fish while trolling and then work them with jigs and swimbaits.
6. DELTA STRIPER BITE… The West Delta striper bite is hitting its fall stride. Trollers, pluggers and bait soakers are landing limits of bass that range up to 27 lbs.
7. DON PEDRO COMBOS … Potluck trolling is going strong for rainbows and kings. The kings respond to rolled shad while the rainbows smack Wiggle Hoochies.
8. LAKE DEL VALLE CATS… Catfish season is coming to an end, but the whiskerfish are still biting. Soak mackerel or night crawlers for fish to 9 lbs.
9. UMPQUA KINGS… Kings are holding throughout the lower river. Boaters are doing the best with roe and plugs but bankers are hooking up too.
10. TAHOE MACKS… Limit style mackinaw fishing is on tap for fish ranging 3 to 6 lbs. To hook up troll rigged minnows teamed with blades 100 to 220 feet deep.
11. BODEGA ROCKFISH… The hardheads are on a solid bite. Shrimp flies are the top producer, but metal jigs and soft plastic swimbaits are drawing strikes too.
12. PYRAMID CUTTHROATS … Anglers are hooking cutthroat trout while trolling. The most productive lures have been either Flatfish or Apex in green color patterns.
13. SMITH RIVER STEELHEAD… Steelheading will get started on the Smith in December and peak in January depending on the conditions. Roe will produce trophies.
14. CAPLES ICE FISHING… January typically marks the start of ice fishing. Soak worms and work jigs for rainbows, browns and mackinaw.
15. COLLINS LAKE TROUT… November is the time for holdover rainbows. Toss dough bait and inflated worms from the bank for fish that range up to 8 lbs.
16. AMERICAN RIVER STEELHEAD… Steelhead season on the American River below Nimbus Dam kicks off January 1. Roe and Little Cleos work well.Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!