Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. AMADOR TROUT… Big trout ranging up to 7 lbs are on tap at Amador. Grubs work for trollers, while bank anglers score with Power Eggs.
2. BODEGA BAY ROCKFISH… Limits of rockfish and crabs have been the rule for Bodega Bay charter boaters. Shrimp flies tipped with shrimp or Gulp! nail the rockfish.
3. DELTA STURGEON… Sturgeon are spread out from Suisun Bay all the way up river past Rio Vista. Salmon roe combined with patience is the ticket for keepers.
4. LAKE SHASTA RAINBOWS… The rainbows are scattered, but hard trolling boaters are scoring limits. Work the top 15 feet with shad imitating spoons for success.
5. CHABOT TROUT… Bank anglers are hooking solid numbers of trout. Dough Baits and inflated worms are doing the damage for bank anglers.
6. POINT SUR LINGS… Charter boats are targeting lingcod with great success. To hook up, work the bottom with metal jigs and plastic swimbaits.
7. DEL VALLE STRIPERS … Stripers are being caught at this Livermore area impoundment. Trollers pull plugs, while bank anglers soak cut anchovies.
8. TRINITY STEELHEAD… Steelhead are holding throughout the Trinity. Boaters rely on back trolled plugs, while bankies work with roe, flies, spinners and spoons.
9. LAKE CAMANCHE TROUT… Bank anglers are boaters are scoring handsome rainbows. Grubs are the ticket for trollers, while standard dough baits work for the bait crowd.
10. ROGUE RIVER STEELHEAD… The upper Rogue is holding catchable numbers of steelhead. Flies and spinners are the top offerings for anglers working from the bank.
11. SOUTH BAY STURGEON… The first sturgeon of the year are starting to show in South San Francisco Bay. Private boaters have scored in the Alameda area with mud shrimp.
12. PYRAMID TROUT… Want the biggest trout of your life? Head to Pyramid. Cutthroats to 20 lbs are grabbing spoons, plugs and flies.
13. LAKE PARDEE OPENER… Lake Pardee will open for fishing on February 14, 2014. The trout action should be red hot for both bank anglers and trollers.
14. MELONES BANK TROUT… January and February are great months to bank fish New Melones Reservoir. The trout will be concentrated along the banks.
15. CLEAR LAKE CRAPPIE… January is typically a great month for crappie at Clear Lake. Work deep water with minnows and mini-jigs for fish running up to 3 lbs.
16. AMERICAN RIVER STEELHEAD… Steelhead season on the American River below Nimbus Dam kicks off January 1. Roe and Little Cleos work well.
Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.