Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. EAGLE LAKE RAINBOWS… Trout fishing is underway and limits of fish to 4.2 lbs are being caught. Troll the south end with grubs, worms and Red Dog spoons.
2. S.F. BAY POTLUCK… Fishing inside the bay remains red hot. Anglers drifting live anchovies are hooking big numbers of stripers and plenty of bonus halibut.
3. CLEAR LAKE CATS… Jumbo catfish ranging up to and beyond 20 lbs are being caught. Live shiners, crawfish and mackerel are the baits of choice.
4. FOLSOM TROUT… The rainbow trout bite is going strong at Folsom. Fast trolling with Speedy Shiners and other spoons produces limits of holdovers to 3 lbs.
5. DELTA TOPWATER LARGEMOUTHS… Most of the Delta’s largemouth bass are in a post-spawn mode. Anglers have been hooking up while tossing Rebel Pop Rs and Zara Spooks.
6. CAMP FAR WEST BASS… Post spawn black bass are on a solid bite. Toss topwater baits early and switch over to soft plastics later in the morning for bass to 3 lbs.
7. AMERICAN RIVER TROUT … Rainbows and browns are on a good bite in both the middle and south forks. Worms, Panther Martins and Muddler Minnows are all working.
8. UMPQUA RIVER SMALLMOUTHS… The bass action is heating up on the river near Elkton. Toss out plastic worms, Senkos, swimbaits, crankbaits and top water lures for the bronzebacks.
9. SHASTA KINGS… King salmon to 4 lbs have been reported in recent days. Dry Creek offers the best action for anglers trolling rigged shad or mooching anchovy tails.
10. DONNER LAKE KOKANEE… Kokanee to 13 inches are on the bite. Vance’s Dodgers teamed with corn tipped pink hoochies and Dick Nites are producing.
11. BODEGA KINGS… Wind has hampered the action recently, but big numbers of salmon are holding offshore. Rigged anchovies were producing limits before the wind.
12. DAVIS LAKE RAINBOWS … Big beautiful rainbows to 18 inches are on the bite. Ex-Cel Spoons, Needlfish and Dick Nites are all drawing strikes.
13. SACRAMENTO RIVER SALMON…Salmon fishing will start on July 16. With strong numbers of salmon in the ocean, the opener promises to be outstanding.
14. AMADOR NIGHT BASS… By early July nighttime fishing for largemouth bass will be going strong at Amador. Spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and large plastic worms are the best offerings typically.
15. PYRAMID LAKE PERCH… After trout season closes on June 30, anglers will begin to target Sacramento perch. Use marabou jigs around structure.
16. FEATHER RIVER KINGS… Salmon fishing will start on July 16. Based on the number of salmon that arrived this spring, the early action could be great.Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
Newspaper Print Advertising
Reports & Blogs Entry Forms
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.