Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. SHASTA KINGS… Salmon anglers are nailing kings up to 5 lbs. To hook up slow troll rigged shad and anchovies 80 to 120 feet deep in Dry Creek and the Big Backbone.
2. GOLDEN GATE LINGCOD… Lingcod action outside the Golden Gate is going well. The fish are stacked up on coastal rocks and the best offering has been live anchovies or a 6 inch white Gulp! grub.
3. COLLINS LAKE SUNFISH… Monster redear sunfish that range up to a beyond 2 lbs are on the bite. Night crawlers, red worms, crickets and jigs tempt the bites.
4. DELTA LARGEMOUTHS… The bass are on a post spawn feeding binge. Jigs, soft plastics and crankbaits are hooking from 20 to 40 bass per day ranging to 3lbs.
5. TAHOE KOKANEE… The kokes are still scattered, but some of the salmon being caught range up to 18 inches. The south end is the place to pull pink Wedding Ring Spinners.
6. MELONES CATS… Huge catfish weighing up to 17 lbs are cruising the shallows. Liver, mackerel fillets and live shiners are producing hook ups for evening anglers.
7. SONOMA COAST ROCKFISH … Anglers departing from Bodega Bay are enjoying limit style rockfish action. Shrimp flies tipped with Gulp! are the top offering.
8. UMPQUA SMALLMOUTH BASS… The fishing in “the Loop” near Elkton is going strong. Anglers are tossing out Senkos, top water baits, crankbaits and swimbaits.
9. PACIFICA SURF BASS… Stripers to 32 lbs are being hooked and landed by surf anglers. Mussel Rock is the place to throw Pencil Poppers and other topwaters.
10. ALMANOR KINGS… Landlocked kings measuring over 20 inches are being caught by moochers. To hook up work the springs with anchovy fillets and tube jigs.
11. LITTLE TRUCKEE TROUT… Fly guys are whacking rainbows and browns. Nymphs from size 12 to 14 work well all day long. Late in the day dry caddis imitations bring fish to the top.
12. BERRYESSA ‘KOKES… Kokanee salmon to 18 inches are being caught by trollers. Uncle Larry’s spinners teamed with Vance’s Dodgers have been the best setup.
13. SACRAMENTO RIVER SALMON…Salmon fishing will start on July 16. With strong numbers of salmon in the ocean, the opener promises to be outstanding.
14. AMERICAN RIVER STRIPERS… July is one of the best times to hook massive trophy stripers in the American. Trout pattern swimbaits, Pencil Poppers and live pike minnows are the best offerings.
15. PYRAMID LAKE PERCH… After trout season closes on June 30, anglers will begin to target Sacramento perch. Use marabou jigs around structure.
16. MONTEREY WHITE SEABASS… While rockfish, lingcod, and salmon are dominating the catches now, anglers should see increasing numbers of seabass. Live or dead squid is the top bait.
Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.