Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. TAHOE KOKANEE… Trollers working the south end of the lake are nailing kokanee to 20 inches. Wedding Ring Spinners teamed with Sep’s dodgers do the trick.
2. COLLINS CATS… It’s catfish time at Collins Lake. For a shot at whiskerfish ranging to 8 lbs. soak mackerel, liver, crawfish tails and ‘crawlers in the river arm.
3. PILLAR POINT ROCKFISH… Anglers working both north and south of Half Moon Bay are scoring limits of rockfish. Shrimp flies tipped with squid or Gulp! draw the strikes.
4. AMADOR BASS… Nocturnal bass anglers are scoring bass up to 6 lbs. Jumbo Power Worms, spinner baits and surface poppers are the best offerings.
5. EMIGRANT RESERVOIR CRAPPIE… The southern Oregon impoundment is hosting hot crappie action. Chartreuse tube jigs are working well.
6. LEWISTON TROUT… Limits of rainbows are the rule. Some anglers are scoring while drifting with PowerBait, while other pull Wedding Rings and grubs.
7. GOLDEN GATE LINGS … Lingcod are on a feeding binge along the Marin Coast. Jigs draw some strikes, but the best approach is mooching large natural baits just off the bottom.
8. DEL VALLE WHISKERS… The south end of the lake is playing host to solid channel cat action. Top baits include mackerel, night crawlers and sardine fillets.
9. BODEGA ROCKFISH… Heavy limits of rockfish and plenty of bonus lings are rewarding Sonoma anglers. Shrimp flies, swimbaits and jigs all produce results.
10. DON PEDRO KOKANEE… Fat ‘kokes that range up to 14 inches are being caught. Uncle Larry’s Spinners teamed with Vance’s and Sep’s dodgers tempt the sockeyes.
11. TRUCKEE RIVER TROUT… Dry fly action is in full swing. The last three hours of daylight is the time to toss Elk Hair Caddis and Yellow Parachutes for ‘bows and browns to 16 inches.
12. LAHONTAN WIPERS/WALLEYE… This Western Nevada lake is very low, but wet waders can nail wipers and walleye. Toss crankbaits around rock/sand interface areas.
13. SACRAMENTO RIVER SALMON…Salmon fishing started on July 16. With strong numbers of salmon in the ocean, the season promises to be outstanding.
14. ROGUE FALL RUN… The fall salmon run generally produces big fish and epic fishing on the Rogue. Things get going in late August and the best fishing usually occurs in September.
15. SANTA CRUZ TUNA… There is plenty of bait offshore. If the tuna are going to show it should be within the next 4 to 5 weeks.
16. FEATHER RIVER KINGS… Salmon fishing started on July 16. Based on the number of salmon that arrived this spring, the early season action could be great.
Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
Newspaper Print Advertising
Reports & Blogs Entry Forms
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.