It's a dandy! A recipe using my fresh lemon cucumbers in a tartar sauce with black bass. It's similar to my usual tartar sauce recipe with the exception being I've used cucumbers instead of pickles and livened them up with some spicy red onions. Yum! Go for it!
Chop vegetables and combine with remaining ingredients. Chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- 1 C finely minced green cabbage
- 1/2 C finely minced lemon or green cucumber
- 3 Tbsp. finely minced red onion
- 1 sm. clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/3 C mayonnaise
Combine cracker meal with lemon pepper. Dip fillets into milk, let drip; then dredge in cracker meal. Let breading set on fillets for 5-10 minutes. Heat 1/4" oil in a heavy skillet. Brown fillets on each side, drain and blot on paper towels, and serve with cabbage/cucumber tartar sauce. Serves 4 snappy sniffers.
- 2 lbs. black bass fillets
- 1/2 C cracker meal
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 C milk
- olive oil or other vegetable oil
Like this recipe?
Send it to a Friend!