Got a recipe you want to share? Email Us!
Fijian Kokoda Ceviche
submitted by: Richard and Deborah Alves
After catching a beautiful mahi in Fiji, the chef at the Maravu Plantation Resort made this delicious version of ceviche!
- 1 pound freshly caught firm white fish, such as halibut, mahi, wahoo or walu
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup lolo, we know as coconut cream (available at Asian markets)
- 2 TBSP very finely chopped green onions
- 2 TBSP finely chopped tomatoes
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
Cut the fish into cubes. Marinate in lime juice overnight or for at least two hours. Drain the juice and set aside. Add the coconut cream, tomatoes, red pepper flakes and salt, and some of the lime juice you set aside to taste (it should be tangy). Serve chilled and garnished with spring onions and a wedge of lime, ideally in a half coconut or clam shell. This makes a good appetizer and a good entrée.
Read about our trip to Fiji: World Class Fishing Vacation -
Lucky Strike on Fiji's Somosomo