Use any white meaty fish you have with this.
Peel of 2 oranges, approximately 1/4 cup
Peel of 1 lime, approximately 2 teaspoons
Peel of 1 lemon, approximately 1 tablespoon
11/2 cups fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 large clove garlic, peeled
4 tablespoons ancho chili powder
3 tablespoons New Mexico chili powder
3 tablespoons California chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried achiote seeds, softened
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Dash of Cayenne pepper
Four 3/4-inch-thick fillets of red snapper or any white, meaty fish such as tilefish, grouper, halibut, or scrod (each about 8 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. For sauce, grind citrus peels in food processor or blender. Gradually add all ingredients except fish and process 1 minute, or until smooth.
3. Wipe fillets with damp paper towels.
4. Place each fillet on 12-inch-square sheet of kitchen parchment or round of aluminum foil. Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce over each fillet and scrape remaining sauce into small saucepan. Tightly fold edges of parchment or foil.
5. Place fish packets in baking dish and bake 8 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, bring remaining sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and cook sauce, uncovered, until fish is ready.
7. Remove fish from oven and open packets. With metal spatula, transfer fish to dinner plates and top with sauce.