I don't know about you, but I still have a few packages of last year's rock cod in my freezer. This simple little recipe is a delicious way to use it up.
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen, thawed white fish fillets, about 1.5" thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter (3/4 stick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 9x12 inch ovenproof glass baking dish. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Arrange fillets in prepared baking dish.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spread topping over fillets. Bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily and topping in golden brown, approximately 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.