The Fish Sniffer - Kings, Rainbows And Browns Tangle With Trollers
Kings, Rainbows And Browns Tangle With Trollers

Written By: Cal Kellogg, April 28, 2014
Species: Trout
Location: Lake Almanor,

Trollers working Lake Almanor are experiencing red hot action while working a variety of different depths.

“The fishing at Lake Almanor is pretty darn good,” exclaimed Bryan Roccucci of Big Daddy’s Guide Service. “We had been doing all of our trolling in shallow water near the shoreline, but now the fish have moved offshore and we are working a variety of different depths.”

“We’ve been catching fish holding from 7 to 52 feet deep. About 60% of the fish we catch are kings that run 3 to 4 pounds. The other 40% of our catch is made up of browns and rainbows. One day last week we had rainbows that weighed in at 5.5, 6 and 7 pounds.”

“The fish are feeding on both bugs and pond smelt. Spoons have been the lure of choice this week. Gold and red has been a good color and chrome and red is working too. The key is experimenting as the color preference of the fish can change from day to day. Most days we are catching from 15 to 25 fish.”

Roccucci will continue offering trips a Lake Almanor throughout the spring. He’ll begin offering trips to Bucks Lake soon.

 

Back To Reports

Be the first to post a comment

or create an account to add a comment to this article



FishSniffer Links


Newspaper Subscriptions


Website Advertising


Newspaper Print Advertising

Company Information


Reports & Blogs Entry Forms


The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.