Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siskiyou Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Siskiyou Lake

Quote Originally Posted by brokea--boater View Post
    Yeah, my luck again, we had to get my MIL to some MD appointments that week and missed Pmid. This was our plan B. ,,,gregg
    I've been going to the fest since 2007 shortly after I moved here to be with my son and daughter and their families (I was 56 at the time). Retirement has been good so far. My wife did much of the same thing with her mother and father before they passed away, but the drive to Lockford from here is a tough one, especially during the winter. I fully understand the importance of family, they always come first to me and others here on the boards. It is good to have a plan B.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Siskiyou Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Well you missed a couple of good days at Pyramid, a few of us will go there June 1st thru the 4th for a mini fest. It is usually infested that time of year with water toy types. But fishing closes on the end of the month of June. Nice pic though, I lifted up my monitor and turned it to look.......Jetspray
    Yeah, my luck again, we had to get my MIL to some MD appointments that week and missed Pmid. This was our plan B. ,,,gregg

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Siskiyou Lake

Spent 4 awesome days there, absolutely gorgeous little lake. Fishing was really good. Very few people camping, but its early in the season. Looks like the place would fill up during summer. Definitely on our list to return. Thanks to all for the responses. I really don't do a lot of lake fishing, but Lisa and I held our own against a couple local boats. We had trolling patterns that had us passing within talking distance and had a good time with the bantering back and forth, good group of guys,,,gregg
    Well you missed a couple of good days at Pyramid, a few of us will go there June 1st thru the 4th for a mini fest. It is usually infested that time of year with water toy types. But fishing closes on the end of the month of June. Nice pic though, I lifted up my monitor and turned it to look.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Spent 4 awesome days there, absolutely gorgeous little lake. Fishing was really good. Very few people camping, but its early in the season. Looks like the place would fill up during summer. Definitely on our list to return. Thanks to all for the responses. I really don't do a lot of lake fishing, but Lisa and I held our own against a couple local boats. We had trolling patterns that had us passing within talking distance and had a good time with the bantering back and forth, good group of guys,,,gregg
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Likes Jetspray, GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for some fish for the bbq or smoker you can't go wrong with flashers and crawlers. I like to start where the river comes in and if nothing's happening there work my way down towards the dam. I got some nice hold over browns and rainbows last June.
    Good luck and have a great time, it's a very pretty little lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

PM Chartreuse Moose, he should have all the latest scope on SL. Whalonem

Post Thanks / Like

Why not Shasta? It's putting out some nice trout according to some reports here.

Post Thanks / Like

The lake is small. If your trolling, use small spoons or small rapala. The lake is mostly put and take with the exception of some resident wild browns. I'm sure a few of the browns have become piscivores and have grown to very large sizes. I would start by working the north shore inlets to wagon creek inlet. The temps should be perfect still. It was snowing up there the last couple days. Just make sure you use the man made launch ramp located at lake siskiyou camp grounds. As kids we where able to launch at the north shore meadows off the dirt. Those days are long gone and tickets are handed out for those actions these days. Good luck, the scenery is very nice on that lake. Maybe try McCloud reservoir for a day. You won't be disappointed.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroutLife View Post
    Yes

haaha, cool, I'll expand, can you give a old Salt some help fishing this lake. I'm bringing my Whaler to fish out of, no DR's on it. I have trout gear that has lots of dust on it, not sure about the tackle, areas of the lake to try,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Any of you fish Siskiyou Lake? We had to miss the Pmid fest this week to help my MIL. We have to meet the caterer for our daughters wedding in Redding next week, so plans are to head to Siskiyou for a few days also to take some of the disappointment out of missing Pmid,,,gregg
    Yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast