Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Lafayette 4-14-18

Very nice looking day at the lake, great shots. BTW during the Pyramid Fest Jake gave us some samples of your smoked trout, it was very tasty thanks for giving him some so we could try it.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Lafayette 4-14-18

Lafayette 4-14-18
    I slept in a little longer than I wanted to so it was about 7:30 when I hit the water. The lake had three different plants last week and won't be planted with trout again until next year.
    I started out drift fishing and it was kind of slow. I did land a nice 18" Lassen on Orange/clear power eggs and a brown power worm. Also a 12" bleeder on a pink power worm with chartreuse glitter power bait.
    I decided to give trolling a try. (Something I rarely do at Lafayette). I toss out my bait pole with orange power eggs just for kicks while I get out a Gvf lure and dodger. Of course it gets hit. 14" Lassen. I put out a pink Gvf Lures gold digger and it doesn't get touched.
    I then take off the dodger and just run the gold digger naked and it was on fire! It caught the next four fish and had too many strikes to count.Time to bring back the troll at Lafayette!
    I had to stay well away from shore because of all the weeds. Mostly trolling up and down the middle of the lake. Went home by noon only keeping four of the seven I caught.
    Mike and I are going back tomorrow. Hopefully we can get in and out before the rain!
    Happy Saturday my friends!
    M&K

3. Likes TBSP, Jetspray liked this post