Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lafayette 4-15-18

Great report as always my friends. Glad you guys made it back to the dock. That wind can take out a lot of battery power on a electric motor.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lafayette 4-15-18

Christy.
    I read alot or shall i say all your posts and do use some of the same set up you two
    use with good results.
    What is the name of the lake you two fished and how big of a boat can you use.
    Oh.I'm glad to see that you caught fish.
    And i know what you mean by the wind.
    Try being on Comanche when it's a real windy.Not fun
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Lafayette 4-15-18

Lafayette today 4-15-18
    Mike and I were on the water at 6:30am. Trolled out with Gvf Lures gold diggers (Spin bugs) in pink and red. (No dodger). Landed two trout right away releasing a small one. Lots of hits that didn't stick. Using 1 and 2 for the speed on the trolling motor.
    After only two hours the wind whipped up and the bite shut down for us. Really hard to control the boat so we said "lets bail and save some of our Sunday."
    It was a good choice as the wind only got worse. We had brunch at Katy's creek in WC and then visited the farmers market only a half block away.
    Home by 10:30am, Took a short nap and then watched movies the rest of the afternoon. Now listening to a nice steady rain as I type out my report on my PC next to our open sliding back door. Not mad at this day at all! Here are a few pics...
    M&K

Windy as heck!