Thread: Channel Cat?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Channel Cat?

I agree you can’t absolutely distinguish blues from channels by color but another way to distinguish them is that channels have some dark spots on them. Blues do not have dark spots.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 06-14-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't not rely on the color of the fish.

The anal fin on a blue is rectangular, with square corners. It resembles a pocket comb.

Look at the difference in shape of the anal fin of your fish. It is a channel.

Quote Originally Posted by ramskickbutt13 View Post
    Was fishing on San Pablo Reservoir 2 weeks ago. When I caught my biggest catfish ever in ca. Caught it on a raw hotdog with crawfish sent. This is a channel catfish right, and not a blue catfish? Thanks Jim
    David

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; deport him and you will not have to feed him again.
    Trump 20:16

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish! Interesting bait you used , I’ve caught cats on a number of different baits but never on hotdogs. You are correct that is a channel cat.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

4. Likes Tifoso liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know what kind of cat that is but that's a nice fish how much did it weight?

Post Thanks / Like

Star Channel Cat?

Was fishing on San Pablo Reservoir 2 weeks ago. When I caught my biggest catfish ever in ca. Caught it on a raw hotdog with crawfish sent. This is a channel catfish right, and not a blue catfish? Thanks Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images