100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New melones fun 6-15

my dad and I used to fish tulloch all the time when I was a little kid. I believe they were building the hotel in Marina at the time. We used to Anchor outside the buoy swimming area and catch the heck out of smallmouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New melones fun 6-15

I'm going there the weekend after the 4th of July. Sounds like fun!

I just started fishing recently though and I haven't targeted bass, except stripers in the delta. But I'm learning. My Dad lives on Tulloch so I'll be going there a lot for sure.

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

New melones fun 6-15

Hi guys sorry about the late post. Went to Maloney's last Saturday with the intention to troll for trout and Kokanee but obvious Clues led me to fish for black bass. Launch at tuttletown around 8 and saw the Shad schooled up and black bass flying through the air chasing them. The bass had them corner right beside the boat launch and it's really fun to see their aggression while feeding. I threw on a kastmaster on my trout Pole which is ultra ultra light with 6-pound test. First cast about a three and a half pound bass hit it. It was quite the fight. My girlfriend tossed a Chrome and Blue Spoon and on her first Cash She also hook one and landed it. I caught a couple more legal fish and we moved out to go catch the trout we wanted to catch. We only had one pull down and we did not catch him. After the fast action in the morning it was hard to troll very long without becoming impatient. We went back to the doc and the bass were still cornering the shad and we caught a few more on topwater plugs and shallow Running Rebels. We hit one more Bank where she caught 5 more black bass. She had good luck with a purple worm on a muddy Bank where it was choppy. We left about 1 it was a very good day. If you've ever read my post I'm usually in trouble for not getting the net ready for her period on this day she fought her fish and managed to net her own fish without my assistance. That's a win-win in my book haha take care guys

4. Likes chubbswheeler liked this post