Thread: Hey bass guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey bass guys

Throw big swim/glide bait that’s what they have been feeding on. GL

Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey bass guys

I'm no bass fisherman but can tell you what would likely work. I did it last week. Small chrome kastmaster about the size of the shad. I use the small 1/8 oz or even the 1/12 oz. They are tiny. I throw them on my ultralight trout tackle with 4 lbs test. Only way you can throw them. Makes it much more fun when you hook up too.

Get this. I even cast one out the back of the boat and set it in a rod holder last week while my buddy was using the electric trolling motor up front. He was just going from point to point and I left the lure out there. Hooked up twice.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bass guys

I fished Don Pedro from shore last evening before the fireworks. I had so many big bass follow my small shad imitations right to the bank, probably 50-60 fish over an hour and a half. Only 3 of those fish committed to biting. I tried all kinds of variations of retrieve and many different lures. I could see them busting small shad, so I stuck with baits that imitated those.

My only guess is that those fish were waiting for dark to really turn on, as the moon was absolutely huge and orange last night.

I don't target bass but once or twice a year.

Moon phase? Stuffed fish?