Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best vacuum sealer system

I got tired of two things. Replacing Food Saver sealers every couple years. Also hated loosing game and fish in a sealed bag that eventually looses it's seal/vaccum. $200 a pop every 2-3 years for a decent food saver sealer added up over the past 10-15 years. Couple that with loosing meat from hunting trips that cost thousands of dollars, I knew it was time to take better care of what I paid my hard earned money for.

I went with the Vacuum Chamber. $699 with free shipping. The thing is a beast weighing in at 80+lbs I love it, commercial grade sealing. I honestly don't see this thing breaking down in the next few years. So fingers crossed I'm good on a sealer for the rest of my time here :)

Looks like it's on sale $649

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vac...86VMC10OP.html

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my 4th or 5th Food Saver since they came out. Being a charcuterist, I make my own sausage, smoke my own hams and bacon, they've gotten a ton of use over the years. I've recently gotten into dry aging steaks and making capicola with the use of the UMAi bags. The vertical Food Saver unit I was using till last week isn't optimal so I ordered the commercial grade sealer from Cabelas for my birthday last week. Works great and I don't have to wait for the unit to cool down before doing bag after bag.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunt...7.uts?slotId=0

Can't seem to upload images on this site. That happens! RAY
    Last edited by sawhorseray; 10-17-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    ďGood judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Best vacuum sealer system

Quote Originally Posted by Coltsfan87 View Post
    No matter which one we get, cheap or expensive. We end up having to replace it every few years
    All depends on how many fish you catch a year. Mine may last a very long time since I don't catch to many fish a year

4. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter which one we get, cheap or expensive. We end up having to replace it every few years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I have a moderate priced Food Saver which Iíve had for 6 years. I had a Foodsaver brand prior to this one too. Iím a hunter and fisherman so i use it a lot. Ducks, pheasant, dove and fish and various other store bought foods. The expensive part is the bags or rolls of material you cut to desired length. Whether you buy them at Costco or Walmart the $$$ adds up. But I think itís worth every penny. I wouldnít be without one.
    Heres a couple hints when using them. If you are sealing meat, poultry or fish that has a lot of liquid you can put a paper towel rolled or folded up at the top of the bag by where you seal it. That will absorb moisture as you vacuum seal it so you get a good seal. I donít really like that method. What I do instead is put the meat or poultry or what ever in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. The juices solidify, no juices to screw up the seal. I donít like the paper towel method cause that can be kind of a mess when you thaw something and remove the soggy paper towel.
    Once the air is sucked out and the bag sealed I often seal the Top an bottom a second time. That way if some liquid or something caused a poor seal the second seal assures an air tight seal. The second seal is about 1/4 inch from the first one.
    Labeling and dating each package is very important. I use a felt marker pen, works great.
    Youíll find lots of things to to vacuum seal. Iíve sealed left over bait for the next time. Iíve sealed spare grease packed boat trailer bearings (no worry of grease leaking out on stuff) and lots and lots of other stuff. Youíll find a Foodsaver quite useful.
    Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Waterdog, I like the paper towel idea. Thanks for that

Post Thanks / Like

I have a moderate priced Food Saver which Iíve had for 6 years. I had a Foodsaver brand prior to this one too. Iím a hunter and fisherman so i use it a lot. Ducks, pheasant, dove and fish and various other store bought foods. The expensive part is the bags or rolls of material you cut to desired length. Whether you buy them at Costco or Walmart the $$$ adds up. But I think itís worth every penny. I wouldnít be without one.
    Heres a couple hints when using them. If you are sealing meat, poultry or fish that has a lot of liquid you can put a paper towel rolled or folded up at the top of the bag by where you seal it. That will absorb moisture as you vacuum seal it so you get a good seal. I donít really like that method. What I do instead is put the meat or poultry or what ever in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. The juices solidify, no juices to screw up the seal. I donít like the paper towel method cause that can be kind of a mess when you thaw something and remove the soggy paper towel.
    Once the air is sucked out and the bag sealed I often seal the Top an bottom a second time. That way if some liquid or something caused a poor seal the second seal assures an air tight seal. The second seal is about 1/4 inch from the first one.
    Labeling and dating each package is very important. I use a felt marker pen, works great.
    Youíll find lots of things to to vacuum seal. Iíve sealed left over bait for the next time. Iíve sealed spare grease packed boat trailer bearings (no worry of grease leaking out on stuff) and lots and lots of other stuff. Youíll find a Foodsaver quite useful.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

9. Likes nayr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Datster_2000 View Post
    I've had a Foodsaver for about 25 years. A friend bought it for me as a gift. I was giving him three or four Kings a year and I have used it like crazy. I've always purchased the box of rolls and was really pleased when Costco started to carry them. I've put entire filets in the cut to size rolls. Stack-em like cord word in the freezer. Those look (and taste) great when you have friends over for dinner and this huge slab of salmon or steelhead is on a platter.
    Thanks for the advice

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a Foodsaver for about 25 years. A friend bought it for me as a gift. I was giving him three or four Kings a year and I have used it like crazy. I've always purchased the box of rolls and was really pleased when Costco started to carry them. I've put entire filets in the cut to size rolls. Stack-em like cord word in the freezer. Those look (and taste) great when you have friends over for dinner and this huge slab of salmon or steelhead is on a platter.

12. Likes nayr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I haven't looked at anything yet. Just fishing for recommendations
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr View Post
    I bought a new one this year too. I had the cheapest version of the foodsaver and it lasted 7-8 years. So i bought another foodsaver, just a little bit bigger one that holds the roll of bags.

Fillets need to be patted dry for a good seal. Simple machine

What have u been looking at

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast