Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fall striper for us

OUTSTANDING report! And some fine photography. Thanks a whole bunch.

2. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid work boys, about time you posted a fish report Doug,,,gregg

4. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fine afternoon to me. That one fish alone makes the day.

Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish Doug, better than I've done this fall! Far west seems to be the best bet still, this season is kind of like how it was 2-3 years ago. A lot of the fish are still looking like residents and it hasn't really gone into full fall yet. Hopefully there's more days like that ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Fall striper for us

Hello all, it has been awhile since I reported. It also has been a long time since I chased some striper.
    Craig put the shout out and we made Fri afternoon work for a fairly short fishing time with dark falling so soon. We hit the water a bit after 2:00 pm. It was very smokey making for orange skies.

We were throwing a usual mix of swimbaits, jerkbaits, and some topwater. It was a slow bite but I drew first blood with a nice keeper size striper on a swimbait. Photo taken and fish released.

It was a while between strikes and a couple of smalls brought it the mix. Then Craig hooked up with keeper grade that was returned to grow up a bit.

We just couldn't really find a pattern of any kind with the slow bite. Craig mentioned trying the rip-rap bank and we went over there. Our first cast we had a double. Smaller fish but that was nice. One was on a swimbait the other on a jerk. Then still throwing the jerkbait I get a hit and hook up. Took about 15 seconds to realize this is a nicer fish since it headed for deeper water and stayed deep. Then did some nice drag pulls. I thought I might of hooked a salmon with how it fought. Craig grabbed the net and I landed this nice 10 lbs striper. The pic doesn't show it well but it was fat. The length was more of a 7 or 8 lbs size. But the scale doesn't lie (most the time). This fish released as well.

We would score a couple more smalls and Craig kept picking up small bass but that would be it. Got off the water at 5:30pm and headed home.

Cheers,