Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Fall Run so far

Quote Originally Posted by RideNfish View Post
    Glad you are doing pretty well. Especially since it has been a quiet (for me at least) fall striper season. Keep at it. Hope to see you on the water sometime.
    Cheeers,
    well if you see a black boat with a guy fumbling around in it like a rookie, then you will have found me!

2. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are doing pretty well. Especially since it has been a quiet (for me at least) fall striper season. Keep at it. Hope to see you on the water sometime.
    Cheeers,

4. Likes LONO100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WTG Ken!

Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.

6. Likes LONO100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buz4Bas View Post
    Alway's amuses me when folks mark out background, as if they had a secret location, the Delta is vast, and Stripers move

My 2 cents
    To a large extent, I agree with you. When I was first learning the ropes, there were so many people that helped me along the way. Many of them I met on the sniffer and that's why I share my posts, in the hopes that it will help someone less experienced than me. For the most part, I will freely share many of the spots I have discovered on my own, or if I am fishing well known spots that are common knowledge (lower sac, the power lines, the power plant, MBF, pump house for sturgeon, etc.) I am very open about this in my reports and posts. Many of the spots I have found on my own I will often share with other like minded anglers, and do so with the same things you have mentioned. Stripers move, and could be here one day and gone tomorrow.

But something I try to be very mindful about is when someone takes me fishing with them, or shares knowledge with me, out of respect for that person, I do my best NOT to reveal where those spots are, or what knowledge is shared with me. It is purely a respect thing. Some people don't mind sharing knowledge, or spots, some people do mind it, and some people love to share their knowledge but simply don't want it posted on the internet. I understand that and purely out of respect, I will do my best not to "burn" their spot. I consider it an honor if someone invites me out to take me on the water. They are taking time out of their day, spending money on fuel, and spending their time with you, and for that I do my best to respect that person. I am no expert, but I myself have taken plenty of people out on the water, and all I ask is that people offer me the same respect as well. I have met some great people while trying to become a better angler, many of those people I have known since I was a kid, and some of them I have met here on the sniffer, and I just try my best to respect them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    To each their own.

I agree, stripers move and there's no "one secret spot", but I also know folks who see a net fly and take off for it like the green flag a Daytona. As a kid I knew an older couple who paint marked a rock on the bank, tied a ribbon on their anchor line, and marked the line on their reel so that they could fish the exact same spot on the river for salmon down to the foot. There's also the double edged sword of people grousing about spot burning, and the other crowd griping about them.

I'm just appreciative of the posts, and like to see more of them.
    I personally mark out my backgrounds for a few reasons.

Yes, I agree that stripers do move BUT my fishing holes always tend to produce for me with quality fish at any given time of the year. It’s not the fish but it’s the location where I fish that is dear to me.

This is because of my countless time and effort that I have put into in order for me to know these spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Dwight Manley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Manley View Post
    good stuff brotha!
    I got some good teachers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buz4Bas View Post
    Alway's amuses me when folks mark out background, as if they had a secret location, the Delta is vast, and Stripers move

My 2 cents
    To each their own.

I agree, stripers move and there's no "one secret spot", but I also know folks who see a net fly and take off for it like the green flag a Daytona. As a kid I knew an older couple who paint marked a rock on the bank, tied a ribbon on their anchor line, and marked the line on their reel so that they could fish the exact same spot on the river for salmon down to the foot. There's also the double edged sword of people grousing about spot burning, and the other crowd griping about them.

I'm just appreciative of the posts, and like to see more of them.
    Last edited by fishwrong2; 11-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.

12. Likes LONO100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents
    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the size of the fish I catch,
    The courage not to fib about it,
    and the wisdom to know that
    none will believe me anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff brotha!

15. Likes LONO100, sollimes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job! Making me jealous and excited.

17. Likes LONO100 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast