Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinsville again.. Nov 17, 2018

Very cool. Kind of like frog fishing when they come in like that all covered in weeds. Might get out tomorrow. Will post results if I do.

2. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radoncraft View Post
    Launched out of Sherman today, so I could focus more time in Collinsville. I stayed in that area all day , 7:30am until 2pm.My jigging was not working too well today, but most of my time was spent on that. I did pick up one nice one about 7lbs and probably lost a couple of keepers. I could not find the fish , just a hand full of shankers. My initial trolling on the south side of Collinsville, did not produce, too much debris in the water. Finally headed to the west side of Collinsville and trolled. I picked up a a few shakers. After having lunch. I hooked a keeper , now I have a boat limit....phew that took a while. I noticed trolling the outside of the weed line was producing some fish with a B16 type jerk bait. There is so much good looking water out there ,but I decided to focus on an area that looked promising. The water just started turning, high tide going out. I went into the weed areas with Rattlers and found them. What a blast'.....Finished the day with one keeper on jigging, one on trolling, and 14 keepers on Rattlers.. and a whole lot of shakers. Most of the keepers ranged from 19 - 23 inches, but I did get about 3-4 in the 7 lb range. Conditions water clear, certain areas has debris floating, overcast with smoke of course, temp cold most of the day.I think water temp was about 58*f. Lot of boats out there. The parking lot was full to the brim and then some.Pictures won't post again, sorry.There still out there.Out

Trying to add some pictures...
    OK, I think I am able to upload some pictures. Hopefully I figured it out again.
    The pictures are one of many that I dragged out of the weed Saturday and one shows how hungry one was.
    Also I tried other lures in the weed area, but the rattle trap, was able to cover the most distance , the quickest.
    My target was only to keep it down about one foot.
    OK, hope these pictures post.

20181117_174900 D.jpg20181117_174948 D.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Hoping to get out there soon before it gets too cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radoncraft View Post
    Yes, when I started working the area, I did spot some splashes, then I knew I was in the right area.
    I saw what looked like a silveside rushing past my boat.
    In the last couple of weeks I've been going there, I have not seen splashes or birds working.
    It has been the jigging, but you know how that goes, you have to find them first.
    I'll continue there for a while. You know the saying, you don't leave fish to find fish.... normally.

Out
    I've done really well on the fish that are chasing silversides or smelt with believe it or not, a bass spinnerbait with a thin swimbait threaded on the hook. Or a fluke if you have any around, goodluck, can't wait to see the results of your next report out there.

6. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsa2780 View Post
    Great action, love this time of year on the lower delta. Last year there was a day where I had one all of 30lbs take a swipe at a S-Waver, then a huge freighter came by and muddied the entire stretch of water up. Hopefully you get some more action next time out! Have you noticed the fish chasing bait lately? I've been hearing reports of fish busting on delta smelt type bait, or maybe silversides.
    Yes, when I started working the area, I did spot some splashes, then I knew I was in the right area.
    I saw what looked like a silveside rushing past my boat.
    In the last couple of weeks I've been going there, I have not seen splashes or birds working.
    It has been the jigging, but you know how that goes, you have to find them first.
    I'll continue there for a while. You know the saying, you don't leave fish to find fish.... normally.

Out

8. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great action, love this time of year on the lower delta. Last year there was a day where I had one all of 30lbs take a swipe at a S-Waver, then a huge freighter came by and muddied the entire stretch of water up. Hopefully you get some more action next time out! Have you noticed the fish chasing bait lately? I've been hearing reports of fish busting on delta smelt type bait, or maybe silversides.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day on the water. Fun when things come together and you get it dialed in.

Fine day.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Collinsville again.. Nov 17, 2018

Launched out of Sherman today, so I could focus more time in Collinsville. I stayed in that area all day , 7:30am until 2pm.My jigging was not working too well today, but most of my time was spent on that. I did pick up one nice one about 7lbs and probably lost a couple of keepers. I could not find the fish , just a hand full of shankers. My initial trolling on the south side of Collinsville, did not produce, too much debris in the water. Finally headed to the west side of Collinsville and trolled. I picked up a a few shakers. After having lunch. I hooked a keeper , now I have a boat limit....phew that took a while. I noticed trolling the outside of the weed line was producing some fish with a B16 type jerk bait. There is so much good looking water out there ,but I decided to focus on an area that looked promising. The water just started turning, high tide going out. I went into the weed areas with Rattlers and found them. What a blast'.....Finished the day with one keeper on jigging, one on trolling, and 14 keepers on Rattlers.. and a whole lot of shakers. Most of the keepers ranged from 19 - 23 inches, but I did get about 3-4 in the 7 lb range. Conditions water clear, certain areas has debris floating, overcast with smoke of course, temp cold most of the day.I think water temp was about 58*f. Lot of boats out there. The parking lot was full to the brim and then some.Pictures won't post again, sorry.There still out there.Out